This spring I have decided to build my skills by learning how to take wonderful rovings, locks, fleeces and dyeing them with wonderful Dharma Acid dyes. This past week, with wonderful weather, I was able to set up a preliminary dyeing station on the deck to try my first roving with the new dyes. I am very, very happy with the results:
Aurora, Merino/Silk roving dyed with Dark Navy, Peacock Blue, Teddy Bear Brown and Brilliant Orange.
Once the dye was used up, I put in some BFL roving and tried something a little different, Brilliant Yellow, Fire Engine Red and after a few minutes, a touch of True Black.
Because not all of the blue had full exhausted and because I did not change the colour, the Brilliant Yellow became lime green. I can’t help but to think of all the fun zombie movies I love to watch with my husband.
These are currently for sale on my Facebook Page, seach: AFHandcrafts, or in my Ravelry stash page, search: nomadalli.